Cannot connect to mobile network

Hi
I try to setup a RUT950 device in Germany. After setting up mobile network and reboot the mobile status LED blinks some timer red-yellow-green and then lights up in green, also the signal strength led light up (three dots). On the overview page I see a successful connection and also sometime an external IP address.

But after a few seconds the connection drops and does not reconnect, even if I try to access some internet pages from a connected computer. The mobile LED lights steady red then.

On network status board under Mobile I see only empty fields. This effect often appears on other pages, too.Reboot modem button has no effect, except the button gets greyed out and you get a busy marker on the top right of the screen.

I see no warnings or errors in event log.
The overall performance of the WebUI is very slow. It often takes up to 30 seconds until the fields get filled with data.

Also I don’t see the Wifi network of the router on my mobile phone, but I can connect manually. On a desktop Windows PC the Wifi network shows up correctly.

So it seems the router has some general problems, but how to analyse it.

Firmware is RUT9XX_R_00.06.09.5

P.S.: currently I get only an empty overview page

Any help would be appreciated.
Regards
Thorsten

Hello,

Assuming your device is not legacy-design (RUT950 G1**), I would strongly recommend updating the firmware, as your current firmware is very old. You can download the latest version from here. Make sure to update the device with ‘keep settings’ option disabled to ensure that the process goes smoothly.

You also mentioned that you are trying to setup a device in Germany. Does it mean that you used this device in a different country before? Was it working properly?

Have you tried a different SIM card?

Kind Regards,

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.