Backup Configuration Date Time Suggestion

Hey everyone/Teltonika community support,

When creating and downloading a backup configuration, would it be possible to include the time of the backup within the savename? This can easily be manually done, however it would streamline the workflow when performing config changes and archiving backups for future use.

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks for reaching us.

According to my understanding, you are searching for a backup schedule for the device; however, we do not support this feature because it must be downloaded somewhere; hence, a custom script may be required to advise the device to download the file on a certain device at a specific time.

Or, in second understanding, if you want the file to appear like this: backup_2023-12-19_09-45-37.tar.gz. , Additional The time will be displayed, thus in this situation, the file will be saved in the router, and you will need to transfer it to the laptop desktop using software such as WinSCP for example.

To do so, run the following command:

/tmp/backup_$(date +ā€œ%Y-%m-%d_%H-%M-%Sā€).tar.gz sysupgrade -b

Then navigate to /tmp/backup and you should see the following output command:

Thanks

Hi Louay, Thanks for the response.
Actually my request is much simpler.

The default backup download filename is like the below

Maybe it would be possible to automatically include the timestamp as well of when the backup was created?

Hello,

Kindly note that downloading the file by default will be as you mentioned as below:

However, if you want to proceed with the timestamp, you can do so manually as I mentioned as its the only way, the file will be saved in the router, and you will need to transfer it to the laptop desktop using software such as WinSCP for example after running the command " /tmp/backup_$(date +ā€œ%Y-%m-%d_%H-%M-%Sā€).tar.gz sysupgrade -b "

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.