FMC003 - Quiescent current violation

Hello. I’m using FMC003 with BMW iX1. It is not officially supported, but at least can collect GPS data. Recently I’ve received an error in the vehicle which roughly translates as “Unregistered device detected”. During service I was told that I can’t use the OBD2-Adapter anymore as it “voilates the quiescent current” in vehicle.
I was configuring the adapter myself and according to settings the adapter is only allowed to charge from vehicle when ignition in on. Which, in my understanding, should only use FMC003 internal battery to send position when vehicle is closed and goes to sleep mode.
Is this problem already known with Teltonika adapters? Could it be caused by FMC003 itself or is it my mistake in adapter settings?

Hi Pavlo,

Good day, thank you for this information,
Please find the details below regarding the battery charging details

1. The device is powered ON using the OBD power of the vehicle.
  2. The internal battery of FMC003 is used as a backup power source meaning even if the ignition is off the device is still getting its power to the OBD power source of the vehicle, the internal battery will only be used if you remove the OBD from the OBD socket or there is no power from the OBD socket.
  3. The option below is only for the battery charging option.
    You can find the details here: FMC003 System settings - Wiki Knowledge Base | Teltonika GPS (teltonika-gps.com)

For the error detected from the vehicle, Please contact your sales manager or create an HD ticket.

If you don’t have any contact with our Sale managers, please contact them on our official website https://teltonika-gps.com/ and click on the “Contact Us” button. When you click, please fill out the form and submit it. Note: as a topic, please choose “Vehicle telematics”.

Please provide IMEI/Logs/Configuration file/Intenational GSM number/Firmware version/ect , please follow these recommendations: Recommendations for filling a query description - Wiki Knowledge Base | Teltonika GPS

Best Regards
Maynard C

Thank you for your answer.
The problem I have was desribed by vehicle service as “quiescent current”, which, if I understand it correctly, means that onboard logic notices that some device uses 12V battery when the vehicle is off and closed. If I get it right, “Battery Charge Mode - After Ignition ON” should not produce the described above issue.

To exclude random factor I will try the adapter once more and if the problem repeats I will create the ticket. Thank you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 9 days. New replies are no longer allowed.