Worksheet to create scheduled "Send SMS"?

I have a new RUT200. So I’m at the very foot of the learning curve!

I have tried hunting for the information I need but I’ve only found this: I/O Juggler
Which I am unable to follow! Can anyone point me to a more specific set of instructions?
Regards, Martin

Hello,

First, I recommend reading our official wiki about the RUT200 I/O functionality: RUT200 Input/Output. Once you’re familiar with that, you can search for more information in this forum or the Teltonika Networks Community. Although the community forum is no longer active, it still contains valuable information. Note that the same 2 pins on the power cable are used in most of our devices, not just the RUT200.

Best regards,

Thank you Marijs,
As a moderator, it would be appreciated if, when you mean “no”, you should say “no”.
However, I have worked around the impenetrable web interface and done what I need.

For anyone looking for a solution to Creating a Scheduled SMS. This is what I did.

1. Work out a curl string that works for you:
  2. Create an entry in the crontab:
    20 0 * * 0-6 curl -X GET "http://192.168.x.y/cgi-bin/sms_send?username=<user>&password=<pass>&number=669&text=<string%20with%20escaped&spaces>

Hello,

I’m sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought you were asking about I/O itself, but I’m glad you found a working solution. You can achieve similar functionality using the following command:

gsmctl -S -s "<phone_number> <message>"

With this command, a simple bash script, and an enabled crontab, you should be able to create a working solution as well.

Best regards,

1 Like