WLAN fishing on RutX50 FW R_00.07.06.5

Hi,

I’ve tried to connect to an external WLAN and use it as primary internet connection for my internal WLAN. But sadly it did not work. The signal strength for the external WLAN was shown as 0% most of the time. And it did not work at all.

I’ve connected to the external WLAN as client and then moved that wifi connection to the top of the WAN connections.

I’ve tried to use various combinations of WLAN settings, private network on 2.4 with external on 5, private on 5 with external on 2.4, private on 2.4 and 5 with external on 2.4 and various other combinations.

Is there a known issue? I’ve noticed there is a new firmware from yesterday (4.3.24), is there maybe a fix for this?

Hello,

It seems like you’re facing an uncommon issue with your signal, as you mentioned it’s nearly non-existent most of the time. Could you please check if your antennas are properly attached? Have you tried using an Ethernet cable to establish a connection to the WAN port? Also, consider the placement of your router, as certain conditions might block it from receiving various radio frequencies.

If you could look into the above points, we should be able to narrow down the possibilities and find a solution.

Best regards,

Marijus

Hi,

the strange issue is that a) the internal wlan network works like a charm with my laptop and mobile device and b) the signal strength of the external wlan shows around 70% during the initial connection process, but not afterwards. There should be no issue with the router placement as it is placed inside an open wooden box inside a gfk mobilehome.

The reason I am asking here is that I’ve found some information on the web regarding issues with that kind of wlan setup, including that it was not supported at all until 7.04.

Hi,

I may have misunderstood your mention of internal WLAN, and it seems a bit confusing. Could you please provide a clear outline of your current network topology? It’s not clear to me at the moment.

Best regards,

Marijus

Hi,

the setup I am trying to achieve is the following:

Local:
WLAN Network 2.4 and 5GHz PRIVATE_WLAN for my devices

WAN:
WLAN Client PUBLIC_WLAN (2.4 or 5GHz)
Mobile 5G Network

The private wlan with Mobile 5G Network for internet access works (except some issues with 5G but that’s probably a carrier issue and not topic for this question).

Then I tried to setup the client for the public wlan. I’ve scanned for the wlan and added it as client. Then I’ve changed the WAN priority by moving the client wlan before the mobile network. But it doesn’t work and shows neither an IP nor any signal strength. For a very brief period after connecting the client it showed an IP and signal strength.

I hope this is more clear.

Do you have any idea what might cause these issues?

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.