TRB145 - Modbus -> data to server -> no data

I am using TRB145 Modbus device and I would like to use it to send Modbus data to the remote (MQTT) broker. So my device can read modbus data successfully. Check this screenshot

Then in “send to server” i have things set like

In the VCA210_data configuration I have things configured like this.

Just for the sake of discussion. If on this last configuration tab I chose gsm for instance instead of modbus, I start recieving data into remote MQTT. So my mTLS connectivity is ok and it works. But somehow this “mapping” between Modbus and sending to MQTT doesn’t work. I guess Modbus client is configured correctly since if I press “test” button I get the data. But from there to the state where data would be read and sent further… there is something wrong.

Can someone please suggest what to do? I really need this to work, since our customer would go with the implementation of this (many devices) if our MVP will work.

Thanks in advance.

Tomaz

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

Could you please verify the time interval in the data to the server? This refers to the duration in seconds for collecting or sending data to the destination.

Could you please provide a snapshot of the server configuration for data-to-server communication? Additionally, could you verify the time interval, expressed in seconds, for sending requests to this device under the ‘Period’ integer parameter?"

Thanks,
Mahmoud

Hi,

thanks for your feedback.

So my current configuration for time interval in the data to server is set to 60, as in your screenshot.
In regards to server configuration there is no period section at least not under MQTT type of server configuration.
I would like to emphasise again that my server → to cloud communication works as I was able to send GSM data (instead of Modbus) to my MQTT. I got all the records there. My problem is how to configure properly to get Modbus data. I can read modbus data with “test” button, so modbus configuration seems to be correct. But from there to the cloud “over data to server” functionality doesn’t seem to work. So I believe mapping of modbus and data to server is the issue. Since if I switch from modbus to gsm everything works.

Thanks in advance.

Tomaz

Hello,

Which firmware version are you currently using?

Thanks,
Mahmoud

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.