TRB140 Mobile data limit (again)

I am using TRB140 with firmware TRB1_R_00.07.06.6 and has the following settings in “Mobile data limit”:
“Data limit (MB)” 200 and SMS warning at “Data limit (MB)” 150.

Now I receive an SMS saying:
“Warning! Your router interface named: mob1s1a1 is about to reach your set mobile data limit. Data left: 49 Mb.”

TRB140 warns me because the data consumption was 151 MB, but that is not in line with what is reported in “MOBILE USAGE” page, so that makes me believe, that the writing of “49 Mb” is not just a typo, but actually means 49 Mb (Mbit) and not 49 MB (MByte).
Is there a typo in the page where you set the “Mobile data limit” so you actually enter “Mb” and not “MB”?
If I want to set a data limit of 200 MByte it seems that I should enter approx. 10 times 200 = 2000 to get a limit of 2000 Mbit approx. equal to 200 MByte when accounting for coding???

Hello,

There seems to be a typo in our system as it should state MB instead of Mb. Thank you for bringing this inaccuracy to our attention, and I will inform our R&D team to rectify this issue.

For now, you can treat it as MB as it was intended to be.

Best regards,

Marijus

I think the typo is the other way around. It should state Mb and not MB in the “Mobile data limit” settings. That matches the actual data consumption.
So far I have set the limits to 2000 and 1500 and that gives me the expected results.

Hello,

I’ve retested it, and it counts MB instead of Mb. Counting in Mb wouldn’t be appropriate as it’s 8 times smaller than MB, and Mb is typically used for data transmission speeds rather than data capacity measurement.

If yours is measuring differently, please take a screenshot of your data limit settings and the SMS received. Don’t forget to clear the collected data before testing again.

Best regards,

Marijus

Hello,
The TX and RX counters shown in Network → WAN page seems to be measuring correctly in MB and also the data limit thresholds seems to work correctly in MB.

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.