TRB140 mail2SMS gmail POP3 NOK

Hello I have a TRB140 TRB1_R_00.07.06.10 that I want to use to send SMS using the Mail to SMS gateway. I am trying to configure it to monitor a gmail account but it keeps reporting bad username /password.
Tue May 28 08:28:01 2024 daemon.err email_to_sms: Authentication error
Tue May 28 08:28:01 2024 daemon.err email_to_sms: [AUTH] Username and password not accepted.
Tue May 28 08:29:00 2024 cron.err crond[14440]: USER root pid 15109 cmd lua /usr/bin/email_to_sms read
I use the following settings
POP3 pop.gmail.com
port 995
username euroveilingremotetab@gmail.com (& pw)
Secure connection (TLS): On
I have enabled POP3 for all mails on the gmail account.
I reset the device a few times and tried to only use the service without changing anything else.
What else can I try?

Hello,

I just tested it and everything works fine. The problem is most likely on Gmail’s side, maybe password. I want to kindly remind you that when entering your gmail password in the WebUI, use the password created specifically for the app by Google: App passwords.

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Hello,

I got it working.
The App Passwords option in the Google account was not available at first, even after the conditions for it were met.
Somewhere I found a shortcut to the App Passwords page and there I was able to create app and password. Once done the App Passwords appeared in the account.

Thanks for getting me on the right track.

I’m glad to hear the issue is resolved!

Please don’t hesitate to ask on the forum if you have any more questions or concerns.

Best Regards,

This topic was automatically closed 40 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.