SSIDs with the same name

Hello,

we use the RUTx50.

We currently use two separate SSIDs, one for 2.4 GHz and one for 5 GHz. is it actually possible to use the same SSID for both ranges?
Which frequency band does the Wifi client then use?

Hi,
If you navigate to Network/Wireless/SSIDs Then click “edit” on the network you want to use with both 2.4 and 5 Ghz. You will then open the configuration area. On the General Setup tab look at the Radios * section in the drop-down menu, just add both 2.4 and 5 Ghz. Then Save and Apply. I would imagine that you would then connect to whichever has the strongest signal for the location you’re in, but I can’t say for sure, as I’m not a Teltonika Network Engineer. If you want to create a new combined 2.4 and 5G Ghz Wi-Fi just click the blue “Add” button and follow the steps above. Hope this helps…

1 Like

Hi @AutoSiS ,

As @Dave_UK mentioned earlier, you have the option to combine these settings by selecting Radios in the SSID configuration options. If you choose only 2.4GHz or 5GHz, it will utilize only one of them. However, if both are selected, it will combine radio frequencies. I’ve attached a screenshot from the SSID configuration window with a simple explanation when hovering over Radios.

Best regards,

Marijus

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.