Simple setup to try out the inputs of a TRB255

Hi,

I’m try out the following to be able to set a trigger based on the inputs.
Looking at the Webui, at the input/output status, the analog voltage shown is 0.27V.
I have a simple push button shorting the analog input (pin11) to ground, which should make my analog input show 0V.

But I’m not seeing any change in the UI (voltage stays at 0.27V).

What am I missing?

TIA,

Bart

Hello,

We’re aware of the firmware issue regarding the current reading on pin 11, which shows some small V reading instead of 0.00 V. Our team is already investigating this matter.

Additionally, you attempted to use pin 11 as a dry input, but it actually measures voltage levels and provides measurement results. While it can be configured to trigger actions based on assigned voltages, its primary function is for measurement purposes.

For more information on TRB255 I/O, you can visit: TRB255 Input/Output documentation

Best regards,

Marijus

So, I tried to do the same thing with D1 (pin 2), which should be the correct way to do it right?
Does the Input/Output Status window show the live status of the pin (iow if I short it it will show low, if it’s open it shows high)?

Hello,

As mentioned earlier, the TRB255 does not feature dry inputs, so simply connecting pins to ground won’t achieve the desired result. To trigger a high state, you’ll need a external voltage between 8-30V. More detailed information about the inputs can be found here: TRB255 Input/Output Documentation.

Regarding the I/O status window, it does display the live status of the pins.

Best regards,

Marijus

Hi Marijus,

I’m just going to add this

1. to check if I am correct and
  2. in case someone else comes up with the same question. I’ve used a pull-down resistor to be able to use a dry contact on input D1. (Something between 2.2 and 4.7K Ohm will do).

And I do indeed see the immediate reponse (stat change low/high level) in the interface.

Thanks for the help.

Bart

This topic was automatically closed 40 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.