Send APDU commands to the modem in RUTX50

I am considering using esim.me for a customer eSIM feature. It is physical card I can put into a SIM slot and manage eSIM profiles in an Android app.

It is annoying to use Android app to provision profiles (try will keep working in a router when moved card there) but it would be significant improvement in usability if I could at least switch existing profiles when card is in the router.

eSIM.me support wrote me:

Check if you can send transparent APDU commands to the modem.

Transparent means, that they would transparently pass them to the card.

This would allow you to switch between already existing eSIM profiles.

How to do it in RUTX50? Some commands to send in CLI by SSH or better by some HTTP call?

Hello,

Currently, RutOS does not support profile management from the WebUI. However, AT commands can be sent directly to the modem using gsmctl utility with -A argument. The command to send APDU commands on the RUTX50 modem is explained here:

So to send the example command provided in the AT command manual from CLI/SSH, the command would look like so:

gsmctl -A 'AT+CGLA= 1,10,"80F2010112"'

The full AT command manual can be found here:

Best regards,

1 Like

Thank you. How to select to which SIM it should communicate?

Hello,

The executed commands will only work for the active SIM, as it’s not possible to interact with an inactive SIM card. You would have to switch to a secondary SIM and execute the same command.

Best regards,

1 Like

I have RUTX50 with two SIM slots, so both can be active, cannot?

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello,

The only device in our lineup with two LTE modems is RUTX12. While RUTX50 does have two SIM slots, only one of them can be active. This can be toggled in the Network → Mobile → General section. To switch between the SIM cards in an even of failure for one of the cards, SIM Switch can be used, and it’s configured in the same submenu.

Best regards,

This topic was automatically closed after 10 days. New replies are no longer allowed.