Save data GPS TRB245

I have a TRB245 router which has GPS location. I want to store the current location periodically and save it in my computer, that is connected via ethernet, I have used the nmea forwarding but I dont know how to see the data in my pc, how is it done? The ip is 192.168.1.127 and the port is 8500.
Thanks

Hello,

To receive NMEA data on your PC, you’ll require a server application capable of accepting this data. For testing, consider installing the Hercules TCP server and configuring it on port 8500.

If you encounter issues receiving the data, try disabling the firewall on your PC for testing purposes, if possible.

Also, this case is similar to the one here. Please, take a look at that post too.

Kind Regards,

Hi!, I downloaded the hercules tcp server but i haven’t been able to receive anything. This is the configuration that I have:
I don’t know if I’m using it correctly, these are the options that i tried:

and the tcp listen, with the 8500 port and click listen (sorry I can only put 1 image).
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks.

Hello,

From the screenshot it seems that you are trying to use a TCP client on your Hercules. In this scenarion, TRB is sending the data, so your Hercules should be a server, not a client. Thus, go to TCP Server tab in your Hercules application, set the port number, and press ‘listen’. Wait for the TRB to send NMEA to your PC. If you do not see any data, try disabling firewall on your PC for testing. Keep in mind that disabling firewall on your PC is a security risk. If you decide to turn in off for testing, please do not forget to turn it back on after your testing.

Kind Regards,

It worked!
Now where I can see this file with the data collected:

Thanks!

Hello,

You can upload and download files from the routers using SFTP or SCP. If you are using a Windows machine, you can use an application such as WinSCP. Please, take a look here.

Kind Regards,

Hi again!
I followed the instructions you sent me but when I try to connect it appears “Network error: Connection to “…” refused”. Maybe the problem is this one; * You are trying to use protocol that the server does not support. Particularly you are trying SFTP/SCP (over SSH), but the server supports FTP; or vice versa. Check selected protocol on Login dialog. Note that WinSCP defaults to SFTP protocol, while most other similar applications default to FTP. ? Maybe it does not work with the TRB245.
Thanks

Hello,

When accessing the device via CLI/SSH (or SFTP/SCP), the username is ‘root’ (‘admin’ is for WebUI access only), while the password is the same as the one you use for the WebUI.

Kind Regards,

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.