RUTX50 No receipt and shipment of SMS

I can’t send or receive text messages. SIM card is active and reception is available.

Hello,

Sorry for the issue you’re currently facing with!

Can you please give a bit more information related with the issue?
Can you please share the error log? You can see the error log from the WebUI, on the System > Maintenance > Events log section.

Regards,
Caner

Hello, there is no error message in the logfile. Can I send you the log files to an email?

Hi, is it possible to send SMS from phone using same SIM?

Also, please try to off/on VoLTE settings. Maybe that will help.

Hello,

Unfortunately I can not ask about the troubleshoot file on the forum. But I can still recommend you couple of things;

• May you please try sending SMS with different sim-card
  • May you please upgrade the FW if it’s not on the latest version. And please follow this link to check one more time.

Please let me know about the updates!

Regards,
Caner

I tested a different SIM card. Shipping worked, but receiving didn’t. The firmware is current. After I put the other one back in, the same problem occurs again. No sending from the router possible. I use the same card with the same phone number from Vodafone for my cell phone and the router.

Hello,

Can you please try factory resetting and try if it works or not?

Regards,
Caner

I have reset the router and restored it to factory settings. But the problem still exists

I think I found the solution. I just talked to Vodafone. It is not possible to receive 2 SIM cards (1x phone + 1 x OneNumber) with the same phone number on both SMS. I have ordered a data card now, which should be able to text.

Hello,

I’m glad the issue is resolved!

I also marked the solution whoever is faced with similar issues, can find much easily!

Regards,
Caner

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 40 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.