RUTX50 mobile connection not routed to LAN

Hello, when I use mobile connection on RUTX50, it establishes connection and I can verify it by ping from the admin panel, but there is no connection on devices connected by LAN or wifi.
Everything works fine when I use wired WAN connection. I have reset router to factory settings and the problem remains. Of course mobile is enabled in Network > WAN
What can I do? I have the troubleshoot file but I can not upload here.

I use the latest firmware:
Firmware version
RUTX_R_00.07.06.3
Internal modem firmware version
RG501QEUAAR12A08M4G_04.200.04.200

Hello,

Could you clarify what error you’re receiving when trying to ping 8.8.8.8 from a LAN device? Or perhaps you’re only having issues accessing websites? If that is the case, I will ask you to navigate to Network → WAN → edit the mob1s1a1 (SIM1) interface, and under the advanced options, add 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 IP addresses under the Custom DNS servers field. This will hopefully resolve any issues that you may be experiencing on the LAN side.
If you are not able to ping either of these hosts from your LAN, then the issue most likely lies somewhere deeper. Could you attach a screenshot of the Status → Network → Mobile page? Make sure to blur the IMSI, ICCID and Cell ID values for privacy.

Best regards,

The issue is not caused by DNS.
Here is my screenshot:

The same thing has been happening to me for a long time but randomly. I simply restart the modem, sometimes and several times.

I think the Touch: /tmp/vuci/reload_routes I see in the modem log just doesn’t work every time the modem connects to the network.

Firmware version: RUTX_R_00.07.06.3
Modem firmware version: RG501QEUAAR12A09M4G_04.200.04.200

Hello,

Could you try disabling failover (if it’s enabled)?
Additionally, could you clarify what error you’re receiving when trying to ping/access any service? Does the connection timeout, or does it get rejected?

Best regards,

In my case - yes, I had failover enabled on mob1s1a1 (mobile) and wan (wired) - now I turned it off.

I remember when the LAN had no internet access, cmd tracert showed HOST UNRECHEABLE on the RUTX50 IP, but I’m not sure anymore, if it happens again, I’ll try.
I know that System > Maintenance > Speedtest worked properly, but the entire LAN had no access to the Internet.

I tried to disable failover and also I tried to reset to factory settings and configure again without ETH WAN connected at all.
The device works on production now so I can not test ping but I have purchased a new one to swap devices. I can test more at the end of this week.

I did some additional testing on a brand new device and there is clearly an issue when using T-mobile sim card. The connection is very limited with web pages working extremely slow or not working at all and ping often time outs or miss packages. This is not DNS issue.
When I use Orange sim card everything works just fine. When I use the T-mobile sim card with iPhone hot spot everything works fine.

I have seen other users having trouble with T-mobile here in this community so I guess the issue is known. Why there is still no fix? Here is mobile status screenshot and I also have troubleshoot file if you are interested.

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.