RUTX50 Crash - no connection web interface

Hello from germany.

I am using a Teltonika RUTX50 with a Telekom sim card.

The router hangs up once a day. I can no longer get it to restart via the web interface or via SMS. The devices connected to the router no longer have an Internet connection.

The Internet connection is only re-established when the power is switched off.

The devices in the LAN can all be pinged.

How can I start to isolate the faults before I have to send the router in under warranty?

I don’t want to reset it, as the settings are very time-consuming to make.

Thank you for your help

Hello,

Could you clarify what status does the WebUI show when the device crashes?
Once the issue re-occurs, could you log into the device, navigate to Status → Network → Mobile, and take a screenshot of this page before rebooting the device? Make sure to remove IMSI, ICCID and Cell ID values (if present).
Additionally, logs from the even could be useful. Once the issue replicates (and before rebooting the device), navigate to System → Maintenance → Troubleshoot, and check the system logs from around the time when the issue occured. They can be uploaded to the next comment or on a third-party hosting platform like Google Drive.

Best regards,

Hello, thanks for the reply.

Could you clarify what status does the WebUI show when the device crashes?

Yes - i attached a screenshot. The web ui is frozen. Nothing is clickable.

It loses the mobila data connection internal modem. Then there are reports of failed PING attempts which should trigger a job to restart the internal modem. This fails because the device is obviously no longer responding.

Befor restart i cannot reach system log before restart.

Hello,

There have been some improvements to the RUTX50 with the latest RutOS updates, so I will ask you to update the device and the internal modem (performed separately) to the latest firmware.
If that does not help, could you comment more on:

• What PSU is used with the device?

• Are all antennas in place and tightened properly?

• Does the router freeze at certain times or, for example, a higher data load?

Best regards,

• What PSU is used with the device?
    Do you mean power supply? The original that cames with the order.

• Are all antennas in place and tightened properly?
    Yes, the original antennas directly connectet to the router.

• Does the router freeze at certain times or, for example, a higher data load?
    No, sometimes in the night, sometimes at daytimes. It´s a privat used router at home. No high data flow.

Update:
Interna modem shows no update available.
Router OS: I did upate from RUTX_R_00.07.04.3 to RUTX_R_00.07.06.3

Hope there is a solution on board. :slight_smile:

Hello,

Is the issue will replicate, let me know so we can investigate it further.

Best regards,

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.