RUTX12 - RUTX_R_00.07.07.1 - 5GHz WIFI Stopped

I did make an upgrade of my RUTX12 from R_00.07.06.3 to R_00.07.07.1. I selected to keep all settings.

Apart from other problems I now face the issue that my 5GHz WIFI network stopped working. It’s reproducible easily. Even when I try to create a complete new one and select 5GHz it is not visible. Changing it to 2.4GHz works and it’s visible to my devices.

Any idea how to fix this?

Many thanks,
Michael

You might want to reset your RUTX12 to default settings…
Probably the quickest way.

RUTX12 Device Recovery Options - Teltonika Networks Wiki

Always an option, but try to avoid it. Let’s see. :smirk:

When upgrading with a few other versions in between while keeping the config can be tricky - you never know the outcome (as we see here).
You can backup the current config and/or take screenshots of current config and do a quick reset/re-config or wait till you get an answer here :wink:
Depending on how old the device is and how many updates you already did - sometimes a clean start from scratch doesn’t hurt anyway :wink:

You mentioned “apart from other problems” - what are they?

Agree, this seems to be the best approach. Will try this. :smirk:

The other relevant issue to mention had to do with the FOTA settings. They have been corrupted, too, after the upgrade. However, could restore them on the command line.

Yeah I’ve seen your other post regarding FOTA and it’s working again after deploying default FOTA config through command line.
Also shouldn’t have happened by upgrading your box - but one more reason to go for a factory reset - good luck :four_leaf_clover:

Hello,

As TeWe suggested, performing a factory reset could potentially resolve the issue you’re experiencing. Please proceed with the factory reset and let me know if the problem persists afterward.

If you need any further assistance or have any questions during the process, feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

I finally got around dealing with this.

Did a reset to factory defaults and tried to restore from backup I created right before I did the reset. This failed. For whatever reason it could not be restored.

The only choice I had was to set it up from scratch. This worked and all problems are gone! :grinning:

Good to hear mate!
Yeah sometimes it’s easier o reset to factory defaults and start over rather than losing too much time on finding the mistake.
And it also means you don’t carry over any legacy configuration from previous backups.
Have fun with your RUTX12 now, it’s a really nice box :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 40 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.