RUTX12 crashes when adding new vlan

Hi Community

Has anyone succeded in adding vlans to an RUTX12?
As soon as I press the “ADD” button the local network stops working. It seems it adds a new vlan with ID 1 although 1 and 2 are already there by default. I never get to press save.
I can still manage the router from RMS but the only thing to do seems to be to revert to an earlier stored user config (or factory reset).
Firmware is upgraded to the latest 07.06.6

Hello,

This situation is quite uncommon. It’s possible to accidentally lock yourself out by using a specific port VLAN combination. However, merely adding a new port-based VLAN should not do it. By default pressing the button “Add” a VLAN is created with all ports in the “Off” position.

Could you please share screenshots of your VLAN configuration pages?

Best regards,

Marijus

Hi Marijus

I have no vlan config besides the default 1 (LAN) and 2 (WAN).

Here I have presses “Add” and nothing more and have already lost the connection.

Kind regards
Jakob

Hello,

Currently, the router is encountering a problem where it believes there are two VLANs with the same ID, attempting to set ports as both “Untagged” and “Off” simultaneously. This is causing the inability to access the LAN.

Could you try changing the VLAN ID of the last VLAN to 3? This should resolve the issue. If you’re unable to make these changes, you can access your device via Wi-Fi, and you should be able to make the necessary adjustments.

Best regards,

Marijus

Wifi is disabled but I can reach it from RMS Device Remote Access.

I have tried to set a port in vlan 1 to Off and the same port to untagged in vlan 3 and it gives the same unexpected error message.

Hello,

Looks like to determine the root cause of this issue, we’ll need the troubleshoot file. Since it contains private information, we’ll handle it on a separate platform. Instructions for accessing it have been sent to the email you registered for this forum.

Best regards,

Marijus

Thank you Marijus

I’ve filed the request.

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello,

I can’t find what is wrong, have you tried downgrading the firmware to see if it is a firmware issue?

Best regards,

Marijus

This topic was automatically opened after 1 minute.