RUTX11 WiFi clients can connect to Internet only when RUTX11 is connected to an AP

Hello,
We use RUTX11 on tunnel equipment with a computer connected to LAN1. The RUTX11 enabled WANs have the order 2.4GHz, 5GHz, mob1s1a1. If no 2.4G and 5GHz networks are present the computer gets internet connection through mob1s1a1. This works fine.

As a service to the machine operator we would like the RUTX11 to provide an AP since the machine has a much better wifi antenna than a mobile phone.
This AP should only provide internet connection via the AP when RUTX11 is connected to WiFi, not when using mob1s1a1. When the mob1s1a1 WAN is active, only the computer connected to LAN1 should have internet connection.

I have created an AP and tried different setups but haven’t managed to achieve what I want.

Is this possible? How?

RUTX11 firmware version is RUTX_R_00.07.07.1

Hello,

The best solution, I think, will be to create a custom script that can be placed in the crontab file. This script can check, for example, every minute if the router gets internet from mobile or from WiFi. If it gets internet from WiFi, the script can turn on the SSID which acts as an access point. If the script detects that your RUTX11 gets internet from mobile, it can turn off the SSID which acts like an access point.
You can find script examples here: User Scripts examples.
For more information about scripting, you can refer to: OpenWrt Wiki - Write Shell Script.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Thank you for the information. Hopefully I will have time to test this next week.

Best regards,

Hello,

I look forward to your feedback after you test it!

Best Regards,

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.