RUTX11 Enable Traffic Log - Cannot select LAN

I cannot select LAN in my RUTX11 when trying to enable traffic logging. See screenshot. Any ideas?

Hello,

I’m not sure why LAN isn’t showing up in the network selection. However, I suggest trying to reboot your RUTX11: In the WebUI, click on the settings icon in the upper right corner, then select ‘reboot.’ Alternatively, you can connect to the router via SSH and execute the command ‘reboot.’

Additionally, please let me know which firmware version you are using. If rebooting doesn’t resolve the issue, I recommend updating the router to the latest RUTX_R_00.07.06.8 firmware version without keeping settings (The router will revert to its default settings). Firmware updates often bring improvements and fix issues. After the update, check if the problem persists.

Let me know how it goes!

Best Regards,

Thanks, but rebooting didn’t help. Also, this device is deployed in the field so updating without keeping settings is not an option I’m willing to do!

Hello,

Okay, I understand your situation. Nevertheless, I need to know the current firmware version you are using so I can test it myself. There might have been an issue with Traffic Logging in a specific firmware version.

Additionally, could you please try removing the Traffic Logging package in System → Package Manager → Packages and then reinstall it?

Best Regards,

Thanks for you reply! Current firmware is RUTX_R_00.07.06.3. I updated to it a few weeks ago after purchasing from new.

Yes, I will try re-installing this package.

I updated to latest firmware but problem persists. I will try re-installing the package next.

Hello,

Please let me know if reinstalling the package helped!

Best Regards,

There is no “Traffic Logging” package listed in Package Manager :cry:

Traffic Logging should be in the Package Manager. I just checked it now:

Please ensure that your RUTX11 has internet access, as you cannot install packages without it.

Please try checking again, if you still can’t locate it, please attach a screenshot of what the WebUI displays.

Best Regards,

Is the WebUI not showing only the Traffic Logging package, or are other packages missing as well?

7z Format Archiver 22.0-1 22.0-1 Installed Remove
APN Database WebUI - 2023-09-13 Available Install
AWS Greengrass Core - 1.11.4-1 Available Install
Azure IoT Hub - 2023-12-06 Available Install
Cumulocity - Cloud of Things - 2023-12-06-1 Available Install
DLMS Client - 2024-01-24 Available Install
DLNA - 2022-08-29-1 Available Install
DNP3 - 2023-12-08-1 Available Install
Email Relay - 2.2-10 Available Install
FRR VTYSH - 8.4.2-1 Available Install
German Language Support (Deutsch) - 2023-01-16 Available Install
Hotspot landing page airport theme - 2022-07-27 Available Install
Hotspot landing page airport2 theme - 2022-07-27 Available Install
Hotspot landing page bus theme - 2022-07-27 Available Install
Hotspot landing page coffee shop theme - 2022-07-27 Available Install
Hotspot landing page grocery store theme - 2022-07-27 Available Install
Hotspot landing page office theme - 2022-07-27 Available Install
Hotspot landing page park theme - 2022-07-27 Available Install
Hotspot landing page ship theme - 2022-07-27 Available Install
Hotspot landing page station theme - 2022-07-27 Available Install
IGMP Proxy - 0.2.1-4 Available Install
IPtables Filter Extension - 1.8.7-1 Available Install
Japanese Language Support (日本語) - 2023-01-16 Available Install
Java VM - 2.0.0-2 Available Install
NTPD - 4.2.8p15-3 Available Install
NTRIP - 2023-12-08 Available Install
OPC UA Client - 2024-01-25 Available Install
OPC UA Server - 2024-02-01-1 Available Install
PAM - 2022-01-03-2 Available Install
Portuguese Language Support (Português) - 2023-01-16 Available Install
Python3 - 3.9.7-2 Available Install
QoS - 1.3.1-39 Available Install
SIM Idle Protection - 2.0 Available Install
SMPP - 2023-12-06 Available Install
socat - 1.7.3.4-2 Available Install
Spanish Language Support (Español) - 2023-03-02 Available Install
SSHFS - 3.7.1 Available Install
Tailscale - 1.50.0-1 Available Install
ThingWorx - 2023-12-06-1 Available Install
Tinc VPN - 1.0.36-3 Available Install
TR-069 - 2023-12-06-1 Available Install
TravelMate - 2.1.0-1 Available Install
Turkish Language Support (Türkçe) - 2023-01-16 Available Install
UDP Broadcast Relay - 2020-02-26 Available Install
UPNP - 2.2.1-3 Available Install
ZeroTier

Thank you for providing the screenshot. I apologize for the confusion, the RUTX11 device should have this package by default, so it is not shown in package manager.

The LAN missing in Traffic Logging is most likely caused by updating with “Keep settings”. A factory reset should help in such a situation, but if that is not an option for you, we can try to analyze your configuration and check what might be wrong. Could you please log in to the router via CLI and provide your network configuration (/etc/config/network directory)?

It keeps giving me this error.

If I update firmware and uncheck “keep settings”, can I load my settings file after the update? I have made a lot of configurations on this device and it’s extremely time consuming to enter all the settings from scratch after a firmware update.

Hello,

For accessing the Command Line Interface (CLI), kindly note that the login credentials are ‘root’ for “username” and your WebUI password for “password”, as described in the article provided above. Additionally, I highly recommend referring to our wiki for more comprehensive insights into functionalities or configurations.

Regarding updates without “Keep settings”, you have the option to download a backup file of the router from the WebUI. Simply navigate to System → Maintenance → Backup → Backup Configuration. Following the update, you can restore the configuration in the Backup → Restore Configuration.

Let me know how it goes!

Best Regards,

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.