RUTX10 Wifi schedule by Crontab

Hello,

I have the following problem. On the RUT950, a WiFi interface can be switched on or off with the Comand below. I use this to control the timing of a WiFi interface being switched on or off by crontab.

0 8 * * 1-5 uci set wireless.@wifi-iface[0].user_enable=1 && uci delete wireless.@wifi-iface[0].disabled && uci commit && wifi

Unfortunately the Commad no longer works on the RUTX10.

Can anyone help me here to activate / deactivate individual Wifi interfaces by Crontab on the RUTX10.

Thank you very much :wink:

Hello,

There are commands you can try:

1. 0 8 * * 1-5 uci set wireless.default_radio0.disabled=‘0’ && uci set wireless.default_radio1.disabled=‘0’ && uci commit && wifi
  2. . 0 18 * * 1-5 uci set wireless.default_radio0.disabled=‘1’ && uci set wireless.default_radio1.disabled=‘1’ && uci commit && wifi

First command is used for enabling a WiFi on Monday-Friday at 08:00, and a second command is used for disabling a WiFi on Monday-Friday at 18:00, where radio0 is 2.4GHz WiFi and radio1 is 5GHz WiFi

Best Regards,
Marija

Hi Marija,
ther are on Problem in the system if i use the Command for testing.
Her are the Command and the Error Code.

root@RUTX10:/# uci set wireless.default_radio0.disabled=‘1’ && uci set wireless.default_radio1.disabled=‘1’ && uci commit && wifi

/sbin/wifi: export: line 144: CONFIG_radio1 radio0_vifs: bad variable name

Can you help me here?

Second problem:
I have some Wifi Networks like thees

• xxx-Net (2.4)
  • xxx-Net (5)
  • xxx-Guest (2.4/5)
  • xxx-Media (2.4/5)
  • xxx-Kids (2.4/5)

With your Command i only can disabled the complet Wifi.
But for example i want ti disabled the Wifi Guest…
So i want to disabled only one or two Devices and not all.

Thanks for your helping…
Hope to hear you soon :wink:

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.