RUTX08 no internet connection on WAN port

Hello,

I manage a LAN network with addresses 192.168.1.x/24 in which there are three routers:

1. Internet router (192.168.1.1)
  2. TP-link managed router (192.168.1.2)
  3. Teltonika RUTX08 router (WAN address: 192.168.1.9, LAN2 subnet addresses: 192.168.0.x/24)

The WAN port of the Teltonika router is connected to the LAN1 network and I would like to have access to the Internet inside the LAN2 network, but not to the devices in LAN1 network.

I changed all the firewall setting in RUTX08 to Accept, but at the moment I cant even ping google through page: System > Maintenance > Troubleshoot…

Is there a way to achieve this? I run out of ideas :frowning:

Best wishes,
Rafal

WAN config:

WAN config:

Hi,

Typically, when our routers are connected to the internet through the WAN port without any specific configuration, it allows devices plugged into it via LAN to access the internet as well. However, I noticed that you’ve configured your WAN interface protocol as static. A better approach would be to set it as DHCP and assign a static address for this router in the main router supplying the RUTX08 with internet. This involves setting a static DHCP lease. By doing this, you should be able to regain internet access.

Kind regards,

Marijus

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.