RUTX 12 no WAN Speed

Hello, I have recently had the problem that the WAN interface no longer builds up any speed. There are 260Mbps in front of the router, but only a maximum of 20Mbps behind it. Resetting the router has not helped.
What else can I do?

Hello,

It’s currently challenging to identify the specific issue you’re experiencing. Could you provide more details about the connection your device has to a router? Was your device connected via Wi-Fi or a LAN cable?

Best regards,

Marijus

Hello,
the problem only relates to the physical LAN interface / connection on the router. No matter which access I plug in there, it is hardly usable or not usable at all.
On the LAN side 260Mbps fully available. The router just manages to make 20Mbps out of it.
WLAN and mobile / SIM work perfectly. Only the WAN socket does not.
Thank you and best regards
Sascha

Hi,

To verify LAN port speeds in the router’s WebUI, follow these steps: Go to Network → Ports → Port Settings. Then, choose the port connected to the device and click on “Edit.”

In the new pop-up window, click on the “Advertisement” dropdown menu and ensure that the correct speed is selected. As an experiment, you can try selecting only the “1000M-Full” option.

If this doesn’t resolve the issue, please share any additional findings, and we’ll work together to address it further.

Best regards,

Marijus

Hello,

I have attached extra pictures, here you can see the settings. So far everything is okay.
But the speed test shows the problem. The WAN connection simply does not allow any speed through.

Best regards
Sascha

Hi,

Please check for any setting interference in Network → Traffic Shaping. If no settings are configured, download a backup of your device and try resetting the device to factory settings by going to System → Maintenance → Backup, and at the bottom of the page, click “Restore” near the “Restore to Factory Defaults” option.

If the problem persists even after restoring to factory settings, the LAN port might be malfunctioning, and the device may need to be replaced.

Best regards,

Marijus

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.