RUT956 relay on at boot

At power up the relay on the RUT956 is closed for about 1s. Our investigations show that this might be isolated to (or at least we have only seen it on) a hardware batch on RUT956 devices using the U74HC595A shift register for gpio. So far this is confirmed on several devices at cold boot. Is it easy to identify since you can here the relay clicking.

An interesting finding it that the device has to have been powered of for about 2-3 minutes for the issue to show.

Anyone else seen this?

Could it be solved somehow?

A wild guess is that the OE pin on the shift register is tied go gnd which means that the output at power on will be indeterminate for the first ~1s (700ms - 800ms on tested devices) before the actual values are clocked into the shift register.

Hello,

It appears you’ve conducted some initial investigations. Due to the public nature of this forum, private communication here is not feasible and we will not be able to solve this issue here. Therefore, please reach out to your designated sales manager or the reseller. This way, we will be able to address this issue effectively.

Kind Regards,

Hello,

Regarding the issue: Our investigations indicate that this is a hardware design issue on the RUT956. We’d like to use the forum to confirm if other users see the same issue.

We have tried to raise this issue with our reseller without success.

We’ve experienced the same before on other issues.

Only way to get proper attention is to give the issue public display.

Ref:

RUT955 out of memory after ~50 days uptime - Crowd Support Forum | Teltonika Networks (teltonika-networks.com)

RS485/422 on RUT955 full duplex? - Crowd Support Forum | Teltonika Networks (teltonika-networks.com)

Regards,
Torgil Folger

Hello,

Please, fill in the ‘contact us’ form here and explain the situation. Within your message, mention this forum topic as well.

Kind Regards,

Contact form filled out three days ago. Still no response. Issue confirmed on +10 devices.

Hello,

It might require some time. Please inform me if you don’t receive any response in the next few days.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,

Hi,

Still no response.

Regards,
Torgil

Hello,

Thank you for letting me know. I will try to ask other departments about the current situation and will update you once I get any information.

Kind Regards,

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.