RUT955 FW 00.07.06.03 MOB1S1A1 does not recover from loss of connection

Good morning dear support team,

as part of another test, I removed the antenna cables from the mobile interface. Now I wanted to bring the interface back to life and reattached the cables. Nothing happened on the interface status, even after minutes of waiting. A look at the status of the mobile interface under the menu Status>Network>Mobile showed “disconnected”. So I pressed the button Restart Connection. Always “disconnected”, several times. Finally I rebooted the router. The result: the mobile interface went back into the “connected” status.
I have attached a troubleshoot file. Please take a look at this. It can’t be that a connection restart doesn’t work. Thank you and best regards Guenther

troubleshoot-RUT955-2024-01-30.tar.gz (163.9 KB)

Good Morning Teltonika Support,
this issue is pending for 6 days now. Do you have any findings?
Thanks and BR Guenther

Good Morning Teltonika Support,
this issue is pending for 11 days now. Do you have any findings?
I would greatly appreciate it if the issue were addressed before it expires.
Thanks and BR Guenther

Please, be advised that you can run “official” openwrt on the RUT955. Doing this with a large fleet, for IoT. Disconnecting/connecting antennas: Do you use auto-failover for WAN, or only modem connection ? BTW: The usage of a reconnect button I consider a bit strange, politely expressed.

Good morning speibl,
thank you for your comment. You have already commented on another of my issues. Can we exchange email addresses? If it’s okay with you, I would just post mine here. Many greetings, Guenther

You can contact me directly using augustus_meyerATyahoo.de

Hello Teltonika Support,
this issue will close in two days.
I still would greatly appreciate it if the issue were addressed before it expires.
Thanks and BR Guenther

Hello,

The functionality of the “Restart Connection” button is limited to restarting the gsmd daemon. For an effective network restart, it’s advisable to reboot the modem directly. The simplest method to achieve this is by rebooting the entire device.

Best regards,

Marijus

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.