RUT360 firmware R_00.07.07.2 MESH problem

Hi,

i want to connect the RUT955 and RUT360 to a MESH. When i want to change the NODES protocol it doesnt have the posibility to chose DHCP, any fix for this?

With best regards.

Nejc

Hello,

Can you please clarify if you want to change the node’s LAN interface or WAN interface’s protocol?

You can change WAN interface’s protocol to DHCP from the WebUI but if you want to change LAN interface’s protocol you need to do it via CLI. If you want to do it, I can share the commands with you!

You can find the detailed information regarding wifi mesh from here

Regards,
Caner

Thanks for the quick response. In the configuration example for the MESH NODE it is written to change the LAN protocol do DCHP as to the mesh to work.

Which must now be changed, WAN’s or LAN’s?

Hello,

It depends on what you’re trying to accomplish.

Below are the commands to change LAN interface protocol to DHCP.

uci set network.lan.proto=‘dhcp’
uci commit network
/etc/init.d/network restart

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

Regards,
Caner

I want to make a Wireless MESH to share internet over the network and also to extend the wifi, i have one RUT955 (Mesh gateway) and i have a couple of RUT360 (Mesh nodes). If i follow the configuration example i did everything, only at the last i couldnt make the LAN interface to DHCP (it allows only STATIC).

So if i understand right, i must do it with the CLI?

Hello,

Yes. You can do it via CLI.

You may want to use some other tools to connect device’s CLI such as PuTTy, etc,…or you can reach it from WebUI, System > Maintenance > CLI .

Username is root and password is device’s password.

Regards,
Caner

Hi, now when i did the LAN to DHCP the internet stopped working and i cannot access the router as the IP is now different - is there a way to see the IP of the router so i can access it and change it back to static.

So one question, if i want to share internet over mesh as for the gateway and node. Where do i have to change to DHCP, in WAN?

Hello,

You connected both router’s via LAN cable,right? If yes, one of the router should give IP to the other device. You can see the leased IP from the other router’s WebUI, from the Status > Network > LAN.

You can edit the WAN interface and change the protocol as you desire.
Detailed information can be found here

And for your last question, you should change the LAN DHCP. Just please make sure, one of the device is leasing an IP to other one.
You can also refer this community query.

Regards,
Caner

No cable :smile: …i was thinking it can be done over wireless or am i mistaking?

Hello,

Cable connection provides much better performance.
If you connect 2 router’s over wireless, there won’t be huge coverage advantage and speed advantage.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Regards,
Caner

How is the best way to have a 3-4 of wifi routers joined to one network? Cable is not possible as there are buildings not connected.

Hello,

Actually it depends. (Are there clear line of sights?, How much throughput is needed?, RF interference in the area,etc,…)
But I can recommend Wifi-Roaming also.
We got some configuration examples on our wiki page. You can reach from here and here

Regards,
Caner

I have for example the location of RUT2 is 30m away, i have full signal strenght there. So i was planning to do the locations regarding the strenght of the signal. I think 50Mb will be possible or not?

Your both configuration examples are ment to be connected trough lan cable? Is there a way to do it with wifi?

I figured it out, the article was saying when you do the setup of the access point you should connect with lan to lan (with cable)… :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.