RUT260 ends up in bootloop when SIM inserted

The SIM card worked fine during the first setup.

an OTA firmware was done to version RUT2M_R_00.07.06.5_WEBUI

Evertything worked well.

I installed Zerotier and that also worked well

Unfortunatly after a reboot de device ended up in a bootloop.

• 5 Mobile netwerk leds blinks for 30 sec.
  • then all leds are on for 5 sec.
    and that continiously.

The only way to get the router started is to remove the SIM card.

I tried already an other SIM card, no luck
Factory reset with default settings, no luck
Reflashed firmware locally, no luck

Thanks for your reply.

Dimitri

Hi,

Did you set up anything for ZeroTier, or did you leave it without any configuration? It’s possible to accidentally lock yourself out with certain VPN settings.

Have you tried removing ZeroTier and then testing the device again?

Best regards,

Marijus

I configured zerotier and it worked fine.

I removed zerotier with no change.

I factory resetted the router also with no luck.

Hello,

If the router is unreachable through the usual methods, you can attempt to access it and upgrade the firmware via the bootloader menu. Refer to this wiki for instructions: RUT2xx Firmware via The Bootloader Menu.

Kind regards,

Marijus

Hey Marijus,

I did a reload of the firmware via the bootloader menu and it ended up in the same problem.
When a SIM card is inserted the router starts rebooting.

You can only start up the router with the SIM card removed.

Its a new bought product so I presume a DOA will be the result.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Hi,

The situation appears unusual, and it doesn’t seem like the device is dead on arrival (DOA). Have you attempted to install the earlier firmware on the device? Also, have you tested the same SIM card in another device?

Consider trying a different card, preferably from another carrier, in the router. Share your findings, and we can explore the issue further.

Best regards,

Marijus

Hi,

the situation is indeed unususal. I installed already quite a lot of RUT240 routers without encountering any problems.

I tried already the SIM card in an other router and that functions well.
I tried an other SIM of an other carrier in the RUT260 and that didn’t solve the problem.

After all the testing we did I don’t really know what else we can do to solve the problem.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Hi,

It seems there may be a hardware issue. Please get in touch with your reseller. If you purchased directly from us, contact us, and we’ll start the RMA process for your device.

Best regards,

Marijus

Ok,

thanks.

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.