RUT241 send sms issue

We are using RUT241 to send sms from email account
The Router logs into the account and checks for SMS every minute.
It worked fine for some time.
Now it is completely stocked. Nothing comes out.
No changes were made to set up

I found messages like this in the logs (system.txt):

Wed Jul 3 15:19:00 2024 cron.err crond[6858]: USER root pid 6938 cmd lua /usr/bin/email_to_sms read
Wed Jul 3 15:20:00 2024 cron.err crond[6858]: USER root pid 7076 cmd lua /usr/bin/email_to_sms read
Wed Jul 3 15:20:16 2024 daemon.err email_to_sms: Failed to send SMS (errno=5)
Wed Jul 3 15:21:00 2024 cron.err crond[6858]: USER root pid 7217 cmd lua /usr/bin/email_to_sms read
Wed Jul 3 15:21:17 2024 daemon.err email_to_sms: Failed to send SMS (errno=5)
Wed Jul 3 15:21:17 2024 daemon.err email_to_sms: Failed to send SMS (errno=5)
Wed Jul 3 15:22:00 2024 cron.err crond[6858]: USER root pid 7360 cmd lua /usr/bin/email_to_sms read
Wed Jul 3 15:22:20 2024 daemon.err email_to_sms: Failed to send SMS (errno=5)

Can you inform me what the problem is ?

Hello,

Can you send SMS messages at all, or is it just this function that’s affected? Is your SIM card active right now? Perhaps there’s a SMS limit on your SIM card? If none of these are the issue, you can try backing up your device (to preserve your settings) and then factory resetting it to see if SMS messages can be sent afterward.

Best regards,

Hi Marijus

Thank you for your prompt reply.
Yes sending SMS works fine. That is not the issue
What else can we try ?

Hello,

There might be a change in your email server configuration. It’s also possible that the PDU limit in the Email-to-SMS setting is too low, which could be preventing SMS from being sent.

Additionally, you can try the suggestion I mentioned in my previous post:

“If none of these are the issue, you can back up your device (to preserve your settings) and then perform a factory reset to see if SMS messages can be sent afterward.”

Best regards,

Dear Marijus
There might be a change in your email server configuration.
NielsSH. We did not change anything and I tried to check into the account from other mail programs. No problems Account is hosted by one.com

It’s also possible that the PDU limit in the Email-to-SMS setting is too low, which could be preventing SMS from being sent.
NielsSH: we have tried sending long emails very short emails (one word) as text and as HTML Nothing works

Additionally, you can try the suggestion I mentioned in my previous post:
NielsSH: Thank you, I did that no changes

“If none of these are the issue, you can back up your device (to preserve your settings) and then perform a factory reset to see if SMS messages can be sent afterward.”
NielsSH: I did that and the system can send an SMS but the email to sms function does still not work
Thank you for your continued support

It is still not working. We checked everything around the router and sim card all seems to work and can connect etc.

can you explain what errno=5 is ?
see text form erreor message below

[/quote]

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.