RUT240 - RMS - Adding a router to rms

Hello,

I create a new topic as I make progress in the setup of the router, since 2 weeks !

I struggled this whole morning, noticed that a new release of firmware was available so updated the fw.
I managed to connect the router to my telephone service network and to connect my mobile phone to the router.

Still I fail adding-up the routeur to Teltonika RMS | Remote management system : got message : " Device with ###SerialNumber### at line 1 could not be added. Please contact support for more information. "

So do I.

Hello,

If you’ve received the message “Device with ###SerialNumber### at line 1 could not be added. Please contact support for more information,” it usually indicates that the device is already associated with RMS in a different company. To resolve this, follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Services → Cloud Solutions → RMS → Unregister.
  2. Unregister the device from RMS.
  3. After unregistering, you should be able to add the device to RMS without any issues.

This should resolve the problem you’re facing.

Best regards,

Marijus

Thanks Marijus.
In fact, no Unregister button is available : only Connect !
If I click on Connect, both buttons Reconnect and Unregister appear during one second before to be replaced by Connect.
Attempt to add the router on rms still fails.
Trying to click rapidly on Connect and on Unregister : a unregistration confirmation box appear : I confirm.
Attempt to add the router on rms keeps failing.

Any other advice ?

Hi,

If a device was added by the company and its RMS credits have expired, you can’t unregister it on your own. The company that added the device needs to do it. Could you let me know if it’s a new device or if it has been used by someone else before?

Regards,

Marijus

Hello Marijus,
As I wrote in my previous post, it is a brand new router, never connected to RMS.

Hi,

I believe I may have identified a potential issue. The error you mentioned could occur if there are inaccuracies in the data, especially the serial number. The information on your device may be incorrect, or it might be a simple mistake in data entry. I recommend going to System → Setup Wizard → RMS and copying the serial number and LAN MAC directly from there.

Please give this a try and let me know what you find.

Best regards,

Marijus

Thank you Marijus,
No change in the entry data and no change in the result : failed to connect.
As password, I used to same one as the one used to connect locally to the router. (I noticed that if I use another password, I get the same error message.) Is this correct ?

Hello,

It seems like this issue requires deeper attention. I recommend reaching out to us directly through our contact form at https://teltonika-networks.com/. By doing so, we can utilize our internal system to identify the root cause of your issues.

Best regards,

Marjus

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.