RUT200 CPU Hiccup to 100%

Hello experts! I am seeking assistance regarding a concerning CPU hiccup issue with our Teltonika RUT200. Here are the details:

• Problem: The CPU of our Teltonika RUT200 ramps up to 100%, leading to signal strength degradation (-111dBm).
  • Hardware Model: Teltonika RUT200
  • Firmware: RUT2M_R_00.07.06.3_WEBUI
  • Behavior: Signal strength alternates between -76dBm and -111dBm approximately every 10-30 seconds on average.
  • Identification: Conducted ping tests from a remote machine:
    • Response time of around 33ms, with WEBUI shows: -76dBm signal strength.
    • Response time of approximately above 2000ms, WEBUI shows: -111dBm signal strength, and CPU 100%
  • Concern: Our setup includes a LoRaWAN IoT gateway with integrated cloud components. Teltonika RUT200 serves as the backhaul connection using LTE. Stability is crucial for remote operations. These cloud components require a stable connection for us to render remotely. The deployment site is situated in an area that is almost remote.
  • Observation: Issue does not occur with firmware version 7.4.5.

*Please note that the results mentioned above are based on the average occurrences of the observed behavior

We seek community insights and solutions to address this issue effectively. Thank you for your attention and support.

Hello,

This is a known issue with a certain model of internal modems. It is not related to the CPU usage or operation of the device. There were a few reports regarding this issue:

Our and modem manufacturer RnD teams are working on this issue and hopefully we will have a solution soon.
I’d like to reiterate, that this is only a visual issue and does not affect the device mobile connection performance at all.
Thank you for reporting the issue!

Best regards,

I would like to know if this is the most stable firmware available for now?

Hello,

07.06.3 is already quite stable. Since most of the changes in this release were related the WebUI, there aren’t many bugs reported in the firmware itself.
Generally, all final hotfix releases (07.04.5, 07.05.4, etc.) will be the most stable.
But I’d like to reiterate, that the issue here is with the internal modem, which sometimes does not provide accurate signal levels.

Best regards,

1 Like

Noted. Thanks for the detailed clarification

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.