RUT-955 randomly crashes

Hello Teltonika Support,
i have a RUT-955 that randomly crashes with the network completly breaking down or it is still detectable but no device can connect.
Login as admin into router software also does no work.
LED on device is still on.
Only hard reset works.
The normal log only shows the disconnect of all network devices, with no prior event.
When I check the system file of the troubleshoot files ther is one entry that says:
kern.warn kernel: [ 122.695303] process ‘ntpclient’ launched ‘/usr/sbin/ntpd-hotplug’ with NULL argv: empty string added
This entry shows up, after at minutes of no entries at the time of the crash.

• Firmware version RUT9_R_00.07.06
  • Internal modem firmware version SLM750_4.0.6_EQ101
  • Kernel version 5.4.259
    The problem was existing before the update to the latest firmware. Factory reset did also change nothing!

Help would be highly appreciated.

Hello,

Thanks for reaching us.

Kindly provide screenshots of the router’s logs (if you have access to it) to help us troubleshoot the issue, or just a screenshot of the router showing what kind of issue is occurring.

I would advice to contact one of our sales manager to proceed with RMA procedure RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization): as If standard recovery methods are ineffective, the device may need to be sent for warranty repair.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.