RTU240 Issues with RMS Connection

I have 9 RUT240 Devices that have stopped connecting to RMS a few months ago.

Until they stopped conneting to RMS, they were working perfectly… They were set to reboot every week automatically, and never had any issues for about 1-2 months since I first bought them.

All of a sudden, all of them stopped connecting to RMS.

They continued to go online via LTE without issue, and I can sms to/from them to get status updates. But I cannot remote in to check the configuration, update firmware, etc.

I have plenty of credits and data left on my Company Account.

They are all running FW RUT2 R 00.07.04.2

I have been in contact with a sales rep, who has refused to connect me with technical support to resolve this problem. I am extremely frustrated, and would like to speak to someone ASAP to get this resolved, as I am spending time and money on a service that does not work. Note that I do not have access to all the units physically.

Thank You.

Hello,

I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing these issues.

While we can’t directly investigate the problem from the RMS end without additional private information, there are several steps you can take on your side. I suggest trying the following, and if these steps do not resolve the issue, please share the necessary details about your RMS account with your sales manager. They can then forward the information to us, so we can examine the connection on our end.

Things to try:

Firstly, send the following SMS commands to the router to verify its connection, initiate a reboot, and attempt a connection to RMS:

• <router’s_password> status
  • <router’s_password> reboot
  • <router’s_password> rms_connect
  • <router’s_password> rms_status

What are the results? What is the connection state of the device?

Secondly, make sure monitoring is activated for your device within RMS settings:

• Go to RMS, select your device.
  • Click on the ‘device tab’, followed by ‘manage services’.
  • Ensure the monitoring option is enabled for your device.

Kind Regards,

Hello and thank you for this. Of course, all of this has already been done multiple times with multiple devices, and has not resolved anything. The devices are simply not connecting to RMS.

Please provide me contact information to technical support in North America, so that I may speak to someone directly about my issue.

Hello,

Please fill out the Contact Us form here: Teltonika Networks - LTE Routers, Gateways & Modems for IoT

Best regards,

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.