I have an RUTX10 router which has been working really well for some time. I recently upgraded the firmware from RUTX_R_00.07.03.2 to RUTX_R_00.07.05.4 but now I am having many issues on the LAN where local wired and wifi connected devices are unable to access imap email (143) server files shares (windows networking and RDP (3389). All machines are on the same lan subnet.
I have also noticed that System | Maintenance | CLI just brings up a rectangular sad face where before I had the login prompt.
It seems that something is corrupted in the routing (and of course the CLI access issue). I went to go back to the previous version of the FirmWare but it tells me I will lose by configuration. I will do this if I have to but prefer to sort it out if possible.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated
Thanks for reaching us.
Kindly if possible to provide us a screenshot of your configuration and the issue as well to understand more about the situation.
Moreover, I assume that you are using a Outlook email, Have you tried other email service providers in the first place?
Hi Louay, thanks for responding
I don’t know what to say. The first 24 hours or so after the firmware upgrade there were all sorts of blockages not just Outlook. Microsoft file shares were unavailable, rdp connections failing, imap requests from the internal as well as the external wan access were failing. I switched from cable to WiFi connection and things were better but not perfect then failed just like the wired connection. Note that outbound internet lan->wan worked fine the whole time.
I spent some time reviewing firewalls, routing, logs etc and found nothing, Odd that the maintenance CLI prompt worked on WiFi but a broken cloud image on cable. I resolved to myself that I needed to reinstall the old firmware and will schedule to do it out of hours.
Another 24 hours passed and strangely my phone seemed to be working (IMAP) WiFi and external. Checked my workstation on WiFi and it too had visibility of everything humm. Switched back to cable and again everything bar the Maintenance CLI was working perfectly, I didn’t do anything.
As a software engineer myself this did not make any sense whatsoever, it was like the router cleared its throat and we are off and running, not like software at all.
Happy to send you the configuration but since everything has started working I am not sure of the value. If you have any thoughts or explanation to this I would love to hear it.
I have shunned off my doubts and am back to confirming that the RUTX routers are great little devices.
More and more confused, the original symptoms are back as if there is something dynamic clogging things up. Yesterday things came right and the only thing was the cli on a wired connection not working, today it’s all gone again. I have created troubleshoot-Teltonika-RUTX10.com-2023-12-14.tar.gz while the problem is present but I cannot see anywhere to upload it to this message. Happy to send it direct, I would love it if somebody could take a quick look to see if there is anything obvious wrong. I have looked at it myself but nothing is jumping out at me.
I have never seen anything like this, server file shares unavailable, port 3389 RDP access in the same lan (same subnet) seem blocked.
Any assistance would be really appreciated.
More looking around, this looks suspicious from the system log
[195282.819215] ath10k_ahb a000000.wifi: Invalid VHT mcs 15 peer stats
[197232.305051] ath10k_ahb a000000.wifi: Invalid VHT mcs 15 peer stats
[198404.783543] ath10k_ahb a000000.wifi: Invalid VHT mcs 15 peer stats
[198803.201065] ess_edma c080000.edma eth1: Link is Down
[198805.281089] ess_edma c080000.edma eth1: Link is Up - 1Gbps/Full - flow control rx/tx
[198806.330235] ess_edma c080000.edma eth1: Link is Down
[198831.280867] ess_edma c080000.edma eth1: Link is Up - 1Gbps/Full - flow control rx/tx
[198831.281360] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth1.10: link becomes ready
[198833.360154] ess_edma c080000.edma eth1: Link is Down
[198835.440937] ess_edma c080000.edma eth1: Link is Up - 1Gbps/Full - flow control rx/tx
[198835.441425] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth1.10: link becomes ready
[198835.784895] pppoe-wan: renamed from ppp0
[198840.264906] pppoe-wan: renamed from ppp0
[198844.564506] pppoe-wan: renamed from ppp0
[200268.363676] ath10k_ahb a000000.wifi: Invalid VHT mcs 15 peer stats
We appreciate your information. We want to look into this issue more closely. The best way to do that is to contact your reseller or sales manager. They can give you a direct way to communicate with us and help us solve the problem. If you don’t have a reseller or a sales manager, please use this form to contact us: Teltonika Networks - LTE Routers, Gateways & Modems for IoT 2
Thank you for your cooperation!
Thanks for your reply Jerome. I purchased multiple devices from PBTech Limited in Auckland New Zealand as a retail business purchase. I will follow up with them tomorrow for the direct contact method, but I suspect they will not know. Short of that I will contact the Sydney number you have supplied in the link and take it from there.
My next step if I hadn’t heard from you was to reset the configuration and reconfigure again with the latest firmware and if still no joy reload the previous firmware and again reconfigure with fingers crossed.
With the possibility to resolve the issue I will not reset things so that I have the current state for diagnosis.
Honestly, I have never seen anything like this where things work fine and then they don’t randomly. Main problem is inter-device access on the Lan although I have noted very occasional external access to the one exposed port seemed to be blocked.
Once again thank you for following up on this issue.
This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.