this is the description from your site related to FMB devices
Remember iButton functionality. If Remember iButton and Trip parameters are enabled, ignition is on and iButton is attached then FMB1YX remembers iButton ID. iButton ID is saved and sent to the server with every record. If new iButton is attached during the Trip , FMB1YX remembers new iButton ID. FMB1YX forgets iButton ID after ignition is off and ignition timeout is reached.
I work in a firm that develop and sells end to end solution for fleet management for the last 30 years.
we have many customers that use button to identify and authorize the driver for ignition.
in the recent year we started to use Flespi service and we have many customers with hundreds of Teltonika devices. now we have customers that would like to use ibuttons for driver authentication.
the scenario should be :
- the driver presents the button to the reader
- the device authorize it according to the internal list
- if button is authorized according to the list , the driver can ignite the vehicle within a certain time interval, and the device starts to send each record to server with the ibutton code.
it seems that you have some irrational logic.
you remember the ibutton only if it is presented after the ignition.
if so how exactly the driver can ignite if he didnt present the button before the ignition.
- please explain the rational behind your concept
- how can we solve this issue?