Recommendation Mesh Node for family home

Hello,

I have got a RutX11 LTE Router as my gateway located in the second floor of my family home. There is no chance to use wired connection to the other floors, therefore I have to create a WLan mesh. I am currently using a repeater from another company but this sucks. I want to buy at least two other Teltonika apparatuses to create a mesh node for first floor and one for third floor (perhaps even one for the cellar too). I really don’t need full router capabilities but at least 2 or 3 RJ45 ports would be good. Can someone recommend the best apparatus for only mesh node compatibility?
Thanks.

Regards,
Equilibrium

Hello,

It’s great to hear that you’re enjoying our device. For your specific case, I would recommend getting the RUTX10. It has the required port number without LTE connectivity (since LTE connectivity is already present in RUTX11, and you’re configuring a mesh setup), and it offers the same Dual-Band WiFi accessibility (b/g/n/ac) as RUTX11.

Best regards,

Marijus

Thanks for your answer.
I only made a mistake. I have got a Rutxr1 not a Rutx11 but I suppose the Rutxr1 is also capable to make a mesh with the proposed Rutx10?
Thanks.

Regards,
Equi

Hello,

All devices in the RUTX series are built on the same architecture, so there’s no need to worry about creating a Wi-Fi mesh between them.

Best regards,

Marijus

Thanks.
I ordered a RX10. I am very excited, love your products.
Is it also possible to create a mesh node chain from 2nd floor to cellar over 1st floor or would you not propose such a configuration?
Mesh node RX10 (3rd floor) - Mesh Router R1 (2nd floor) - Mesh node RX10 (1st floor) - Mesh node RX10 (cellar)

Hello,

Yes, that is possible and commonly used for this purpose.

Best regards,

Marijus

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.