Port forwarding not working on Teltonika TRB140 with dynamic IP address

Hi,
I am having a problem with port forwarding on my Teltonika TRB140 gateway. I am using a SIM card that provides a dynamic IP address, and I have configured the port forwarding to forward port 9050 to an internal interface. The port 9050 is allowed in the firewall, and I have attached picture of the configuration. However, I am still unable to access the internal interface from the external network and i really need a help.

Hello,

The rule seems to be configured correctly. Perhaps you could post the first two octets of your IP address to check if it truly is public and routable via the internet?
Your mobile IP address can be found by navigating to Network → Interfaces → General, under the mob1s1a1 interface.

Best regards,

Hi,
In Network → Interfaces → General the first two octets of the ip address of the mob1s1a1 interface is 10.143 it’s seems to be local no ?

Correct, this is most likely why you are not able to reach the LAN device from a public internet. You’ll need to contact your ISP to check what settings should be used to obtain a public IP address. Quite often it’s a paid service.
One more thing I suggest trying would be to change the PDP type in mob1s1a1 settings to IPv4/IPv6. If your provider supports IPv6 you can use it to reach the LAN clients this way (make sure to also enable IPv6-related settings in the DHCP section of LAN interface for the LAN clients to receive IPv6 addresses).

OK thank you,

Best Regards,

1 Like

Hi sir,

I’ve contacted my ISP to change the current sim card into a fixed IP SIM card. However, I’m curious about how I’ll be informed when the change is implemented. will the IP address in Network → Interfaces → General turn public automatically?

Hello,

Correct, you might need to reboot the device to see a change. Some carriers require a special APN to be used, however, if nothing of this sort was provided by the carrier, nothing should need to be done on the device itself.

Best regards,

Ok Thank you BR

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.