OpenVpn : Common Name

Hello,
We have three Teltonika RUT950s all with RUT9XX_R_00.06.09.2 firmware, configured for OpenVpn with one server and two clients.

To ensure that each client will always be assigned the samme VPN IP address, the Server TLS clients have been configured according to https://wiki.teltonikanetworks.com/view/RUT950_VPN_(legacy_WebUI)#TLS_Clients
and with reference to OpenVPN configuration examples - Teltonika Networks Wiki.

It seems that the VPN common names are being ignored and whichever client is powered on first gets the first IP address in the pool. I’m sure that this was working correctly before the firmware update in 2022.

I intend to update the firmware on each router, but before I do this has anyone else had this issue or can suggest the cause?

The common name is of the form xxxxxxxxx_xxxx_xxxxxxx, using just upper and lower case letters and underscores.

Is the ‘Endpoint name’ important?

Thanks

Solved my own problem in the end. Updated firmware to RUT9XX_R_00.06.09.5, still no good. Then took a big chance and updated to RUT9_R_00.07.06.10, this solved the OpenVpn Server VPN IP address allocation issue, however an OpenVpn firewall zone for an OpenVpn client went missing after the update, deleted then reinstalled that VPN and all seems good now.

This topic was automatically closed 40 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.