New VLAN in Firmware 7.06.3 crashes the configuration

When creating a new VLAN in Firmware 7.06.3 the configuration crashes. Is there a way to create from Command line and if not what can i do in order not to reconfigure the whole router from scratch? (Reconfiguration is not an easy option)

Hello,

Yes, you can prevent the need to reconfigure the entire router in case of a crash by creating a backup of your configuration. This backup can be applied if something goes wrong. Please note that the configuration needs to be compatible with the same device model and firmware version. To obtain a backup file, navigate to System → Maintenance → Backup, and click “Download” next to “Backup archive”.

Regarding VLANs, certain settings may render your device inaccessible. For example, if all ports are configured for tagged VLAN, you may lose access to the device without applying a tag to your end device.

Best regards,

Marijus

Hello Marijus,

I already tried this approach and i get a failure.
There are no Tagged interfaces

Hello,

It seems unusual. Does it save newly created VLANs after the page is reloaded? Or does pressing “Save & Apply” “crashes configuration”? By the way can you explain what you meant by “crashes configuration”?

Regards,

Marijus

Hi,

I get the message when i press Save and Apply.
If i connect through WAN it shows that the saved VLAN is 1 (oddly)
I cannot delete the new VLAN, I cannot save as different number VLAN. i must restore a backup in order to get the VLANs to the original state.

Hello,

I would recommend performing a factory reset and then checking to see if the issues persist. Additionally, could you please provide what device you’re using? This will allow me to test it if the issues are repeatable.

Best regards,

Marijus

Hello,

RUTX11 is the hardware with 07.06.3 Software version

Already tried Factory reset and got the same error.
The only possibility to have VLANs in version NEWER than 07.05.4 is to create the VLAN in that version and UPGRADE to any newer version.

If you try to create a VLAN in newer than 07.05.4 you get the same error.
(Factory reset is not an option since we are talking for PRODUCTION environment)

Hello,

I tried to recreate this issue in various ways but couldn’t do it. How many devices are experiencing this issue? Did you have any previous configurations for VLANs or any other configurations that could interfere? When you downgrade to a lower version, do you use the “Keep settings” option or not? Also, how did you perform a factory reset if you mentioned it can’t be done as the device is in a production environment?

Could you provide information regarding these questions?

Best regards,

Marijus

Hello,

-I tried this in 3 different test devices with the exact same configuration of our Production.
-There is no previous VLAN configuration.
-I did not downgrade with Keep Settings. I downgrade it in 07.05.4 version (Clear Config) then configure the VLAN and then upgrade it to latest version.
-If i try to create the VLAN in 07.06.3 version i get the error

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.