Multi AP & WPA2-EAP

Hi everyone,
Using a RTX50 (RUTX_R_00.07.07.1) I am looking to connect to our provider Ziggo via their WifiSpots (using WPA2-EAP).
Would there be a way to add a SSID like that to the list in the Multi AP option?

Hello,

Yes, it is possible and can be added when connecting to AP via RUTX50. YOu just need to switch “Mode” to Multi AP and scroll a bit down where you’ll be able to add multiple Access point information.

Kind regards,

Hi Marijus,

Thanks for getting back to me on this on.
The thing is, that any regular WPS2-PSK site can be added with just a SSID and password, but a WPA2-EAP requires a lot more info that I cannot add here.

For example the one for Ziggo:

Kind regards,

Richard

@RvdS what type of modem do you have?
workaround is to edit the WiFi settings of Ziggo (??)

Hi Mike,

It is not so much a Ziggo modem. It is an additional option from Ziggo to use their countrywide Ziggo wifi network, being a customer.
The settings shown above need to be put in to connect. Other than that, it’s just plain wifi as if connecting to any regular AP. Think KPN Telecom has something similar.

That’s why I was surprised that there was no option to add it to the list of all the other SSIDs under multi AP.

Hello,

We regret to inform you that at this moment, Multi AP mode can only be used with simpler encryption types that require a single password. Thank you for bringing this to our attention; we acknowledge that functionality like this is required and would be useful. We’ll take it into account when adding additional functionality.

Kind regards,

Good morning Marijus,

Thanks for getting back on this.
Pitty that this option is not yet available, but looking forward to implementation.
Would there be a timeline on adding such a feature and could you please keep us updated here on progress?

Kind regards,

Richard

Hi,

You can follow the Global changelog at Global RUTOS changelog - Teltonika Networks Wiki for information on all the changes that have been made.

Kind regards,