Monitoring RS485 Device with TRB145 and displaying on a Dashboard

Hi,

I am trying to develop a dashboard for my TRB145 gateway which reads MODBUS data from a Generator Controller (DSE7320). Can I do this using only the RMS, or do I need another IoT platform. To be clear, the TRB can read the data from the generator controller perfectly, and I can access my gateway on RMS with the WebUI, but I don’t know how to push this to a dashboard application. I have tried Cumulocity, but again, the Gateway is visible on Cumulocity, but I cannot see the Modbus data. Any ideas what I can do?

Hello,

I’ve included a link that explains how to add new properties to Cumulocity monitoring: Cumulocity Configuration Guide.

Best regards,

Marijus

Hi Marijus,

Thank you for your response. However, I have already done this. My question was, how do I get the RMS or Cumulocity to have a dashboard that will show the RS485 data that is available from the gateway.
I have tried to configure the send to server settings, but on cumulocity I get no results. Only data available is cell connection strength.
Is there a dashboard configuration guide anywhere?

Hi,

Cumulocity read values are usually simple, such as for RSSI. Modbus data is more complex and can vary significantly based on the registers you read. Your best option in this case would be to use the “data to server feature,” where Modbus data can be sent via a JSON file to your specified server. The data parsing should be handled by you or a service that you find most suitable. Some recommended services include Node-RED, Grafana, etc.

If you were hoping for a simple one-click solution, I regret to inform you that there isn’t one available, as Modbus is typically used in industrial applications.

Best regards,

Marijus

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.