Mobile connetion issuses RUT955

Mobile connetion issuses RUT955

Hello!
I am struggling here, I have two RUT955 and have configured them the same, even created a backup from the working one and restored the backup in the not working one.
I have updated both routers and switched sim cards and even checked with a third device to make sure card works ok and connects as it should
But this one will not connect!
I am also trying to find the internal modem firmware file to upload, as I can not reach the server when not connected via promt.

Please help me, I have attached troubleshoot file.

Regards

Hello,

Could you please verify whether both RUT955 devices are running the same internal modem firmware versions? If the versions differ but they share the same backup, it may disrupt the proper functioning of the second RUT955 modem. To check the modem firmware version, navigate to System → Firmware → Update Firmware → Current firmware information. I have attached an example of how it should appear below.

Kindly review this information and get back to us.

Best regards,

Marijus

Hi!

Yes the modem firmware differ, the working router has the latest firmware installed and the not working router has an older version.

But the same problem occurred before installing the backup, installing the backup was just a test to see if would work.

I can try to upgrade the modem firmware on the none work router if you could send me it as a file to browse in.

Regards

Hi!

To update your modem software, follow these steps:

1. Check WebUI Update:
  • Navigate to System → Firmware → Update firmware.
  • Choose “Flash new firmware image.”
  • Set the following settings:
    • Update from: Server
    • Firmware type: Modem Firmware
    • Press the update button.

1. If WebUI option is unavailable:
  • Update via router’s command line using SSH.
  • Execute the following commands:

curl 404 Not Found --output /usr/bin/modem_updater

chmod 755 /usr/bin/modem_updater

modem_updater -r show (to see the latest version)

modem_updater -r 00.07.02 (use the latest version for dependencies installation)

ubus call gsmd get_modems (to check modem ID)

modem_updater -g (to see available modem FW versions)

modem_updater -u 1 - 1 EC25ECGAR06A12M1G (to update modem, in this example 1 - 1 - modem ID, EC25ECGAR06A12M1G - modem FW version)

This should guide you through updating your router’s modem to a newer version.

Best regards,

Marijus

Hello!

Device and modem is now updated to the latest firmware available on the server.
I also did a factory reset and multiple reboots but the,
The problem remains, no connection!
I have done the same procedure with tree similar products with same sim card and get instant connection.

I have downloaded a troubleshoot file for you review but are not allowed to attach files.

I must say that my experience with your devices is not good and they are extremely time consuming regarding set up and trouble shooting. The simplest tasks fail were other brands with similar products take literally 5 minutes to set up

Hello,

It appears that the issue may be more complex, possibly necessitating replacement. Please reach out to us via our main website, as addressing this matter will involve handling your confidential data, including logs.

Best regards,

Marijus

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.