Missing path in menu after update to new FW version

Hi all
I updated my RUT955 to the new FW version [RUT9_R_00.07.06.1]
after reboot the wifi hotspot was not found anymore

Your requested path: /network/wireless/ssid

some other pages also missing …
downgrade was not successfull and delete cash in browser not successfull …
hope that TELTONIKA will bring a new FW witch update all pages in WebUI…

back to latest working FW I will loose some config I need … bad
last try is make backup config, set device to default, then update again but this need a lot of time and phisical access …bad
mhmm next time do it better TELTONIKA please.
Martin

Jop Backup done
a test to uplaod the backup is failing because not enough memory … mhmm bad
in worst case I lose the full config …
I’m not happy today about my router 955 :grimacing:

now router is updated (switch “Keep settings” off) and it works, but I did not upload the settings …
I wil set up by hand … not to destroy something in the new FW :innocent:
so … my experiance is now … do not update FW without physical access… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I hope next FW update will work without any issues after update :thinking:

thanks

Hello Martin

Welcome to the Teltonika Community :smiley:

Regarding your query,
On our devices with lower flash memory, Hotspot would be a package that can be additionally installed through
System>Package Manager>Packages

Please revert to us in case the issue persists

Thanks

Hello,

Our RnD team has managed to replicate the issue and have found a solution. The issue occurs when the device is updated from an older firmware version, or when incremental updates are done with the Keep Settings option enabled for several major firmware releases. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. The solution will be available in the 07.06.3 hotfix release .

If any issues are experienced even after updating to 07.06.3, please create a seperate thread and describe which firmware version the device was updated from. Thank you.

Best regards,

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your effort. That makes me happy.
The Router is already in use between Switzerland, Germany, Sweden and Norway. So Im happy now for your Support.
Martin

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.