Issue with GPS FMC150 - No CANBUS Data Transmission

Dear Teltonika Support Team,

I hope this email finds you well. I recently purchased the Teltonika GPS FMC150 and have connected it to an International LT2024 Truck. However, I am encountering an issue: the device is not transmitting CANBUS data.

imagen

I have followed the provided connection scheme and also loaded the corresponding OEM file. Unfortunately, my car model is not listed in the OEM options, so I selected the closest equivalent model. Could this be affecting the device’s functionality?

I would greatly appreciate your assistance in resolving this issue. Are there any additional configurations I should consider? Is there a specific troubleshooting process I can follow to enable proper CAN communication?

Thank you for your attention, and I look forward to your response.

Hello @eirr_01 ,

Good day and thank you for reaching out to us.

Unfortunately, the exact model “International LT2024 Truck” is not supported by the FMC150 for CAN data reading, so we cannot guarantee that the device will be able to read CAN data. However, you may consider the following recommendations:

1. Ensure that your FMC150 device has the latest firmware (FW) version. You can find it at the following link: Firmware versions - Wiki Knowledge Base | Teltonika GPS
  2. Make sure to update the FW version of the CAN chip on your device. This can be done through a FOTA Web task. You can find a guide on how to do this at the following link: FOTA WEB Devices - Wiki Knowledge Base | Teltonika GPS (teltonika-gps.com)

In some cases, uploading an OEM file equivalent to your vehicle model may work, but this is not guaranteed. After following the two recommendations above, upload the OEM file corresponding to your vehicle model and check the CAN I/O tab in the configuration tool for the variables that the FMC150 may be reading. Assign the appropriate priority according to your needs so they are sent to your platform. The following link contains a video tutorial that I hope will be helpful for configuring your device: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvNeKjZpcaA

Try it and let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Miguel Cardenas.

I am reaching out to inquire about the data homologation process for the International LT2024 truck.

Currently, we are using the FMC150 device for reading CAN data in our trucks. However, we have discovered that the specific model International LT2024 is not included in the list of vehicles compatible with the FMC150.

We would like to know if there is a specific procedure or requirement for homologating information for this truck in your system. What steps should we follow to ensure that the CAN data from the International LT2024 is accurately read by the device?

We appreciate your attention and look forward to your response. If possible, we would also appreciate any details regarding the necessary documents or certifications for this process.

Please feel free to reach out for any further inquiries. Thank you for your time and collaboration!

Best regards,

Hello @eirr_01

Good day, if the vehicle is not supported by FMC150, please contact the Teltonika regional support office and request for reverse engineering for International LT2024

Best Regards
Maynard C.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.