Is TRB500 quecetel modem speed issue finally fixed?

Hello was this unstable speeds issue on TRB500 solved on some of the latest firmware ?

YES or NO ?

See some firmware notes about quecetel modems fixes in the July firmware

  • Fixed service provider parsing when operator does not provide all fields for Quectel modems

Original issue:

I just bought the TRB500 and didn’t know about the issues it had. First day I got arount 800 Mbit/s, give and take 100 Mbit/s. After about 4-5 hours of use the speed reduced to about 230-260 Mbit/s and it have been there since then. I’ve been trying anything I can think of to get it up to speed again, but no luck.

I’m sending a mail to Teltonika directly to see if they know what’s up. If not I’m probably forced to return it and buy another 5G gateway or router. It’s a shame it’s not performing as it should.

By the way, I’ve been using my iPhone 15 Pro Max to verify the service and speed and there is no issues there. I get about 800 Mbit/s constantly with the phone, no matter where I’m located inside the house. The TRB500 is located 170 meters from the ISP 5G antenna, the reception is at max and I have a clear line of sight to the antenna. There is nothing blocking the signal in an way.

If someone can help me, please do. :pensive:

Did You update to latest firmware ? what version ?

I’ve sent it back. I tried with another modem and there was no issues with the connection. So I bought a TP Link AX3000 5G and the speed is at 850 Mbit/s instantly and really stable too.

This further confirms my understanding that it is the Teltonika Gateway that is the problem.

I just want things to work, that’s all. :smile:

Hello,

I have the same problem as you and am currently trying to resolve my issue with Teltonika support,

I personally advise you if you can return your TRB500 to do so, unfortunately it is not possible in my case,

apart from that I have already been offered to update the firmware via CLI/SSH, but it did not work and the support tells me that I performed the update incorrectly, despite the fact that the CLI console indicates that the update was correctly installed,

so I give you the procedure to do for the update in the hope that it will help you:

"I would like you to perform a mobile module firmware upgrade since currently RG501QEUAAR12A08M4G_04.200.00.000 is used, which is not the most recent and we have several similar issues captured on this specific firmware as well.

The procedure is as follows:

Connect the device to the internet via a Wired WAN connection (internet connectivity is mandatory, and it must not be from the modem, since it will be disconnected during the firmware upgrade).

Disable the “Ping Reboot” and/or “Auto Reboot” services (if you have them enabled)

Navigate to the System → Package Manager → Packages page and install the “SSHFS” package

Once the “SSHFS” package is installed, connect to this device via SSH/CLI and execute these commands:

opkg update
opkg install modem_updater

modem_updater -g

The last command will list available firmware versions. Next, modify the following command:

modem_updater -i (ID) -v (VERSION)

  • (ID) should be 1-1.4, 3-1 however, in case of an error you should be shown a correct ID.

  • enter the latest firmware version from the list of the previously executed command.

Please wait until the modem firmware upgrade finishes, do not reboot or power off the device while the firmware upgrade is in progress."

Best regards,

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.