How to Enable/Disable WiFi via SSH on Teltonika RUT955?

Hello everyone,

I’m currently trying to manage the WiFi settings of my Teltonika RUT955 router via SSH. My goal is to enable and disable the WiFi connection programmatically.

I’ve attempted to use the ubus command for this purpose. Specifically, I tried ubus call network.wireless down, but it doesn’t seem to have any effect. I’m not sure if I’m missing some additional parameters or if there’s another command that I should be using.

Can anyone provide guidance or examples on how to correctly enable or disable the WiFi on a Teltonika RUT955 using SSH commands?

If there is another method to achieve this, such as using GET/POST requests or a different approach, I would be interested in learning about that too.

Any help or insights would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

On official openwrt, which is the base of Teltonikas stuff, ''wifi up" or “wifi down” does the trick. Give it a try.

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. I did try “wifi up” and “wifi down” previously and was under the impression that it wasn’t working. However, upon retesting, I realize that it does indeed work, but it seems to disable the entire WiFi card.

What I am looking for, though, is a command that acts similarly to the ‘switch’ located at the far right of the WiFi network name in the router’s web interface (please refer to the attached image). Essentially, I want to enable/disable the WiFi network itself, not the entire card. Is there a specific command that controls just this aspect?

If such a command does not exist, the one you’ve suggested will still be okay for my purposes. I appreciate your help and thank you for your time in responding to my query.

Best regards,
Luka

Only running “original” openwrt on 955, something like “ifdown/ifup wlan0” should work for you, too. Replace wlan0 with the name of your wifi interface. Use “ifconfig” to list all configured interface, if not shure.

Thank you for your suggestion regarding the use of “ifdown/ifup wlan0”. I’ve noticed that wlan0 is only visible when WiFi is enabled, which poses a bit of a challenge for managing it when it’s turned off.

Considering this, I think I’ll go ahead with the “wifi up/down” solution as it seems to be the most straightforward approach for my needs.
Thanks all for your help.

Best regards

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.