I’m bad at this, but I’m trying to understand. I would like to obtain a Fixed IP address, Public IP address, Subnet Mask and a Default Gateway from a RUT240/241. I have a SIM card with data. The intention is that I want to operate a device via the internet. This device must be connected via a UTP/internet cable to the RUT240/241 modem. I hope you can understand a little bit what I want.
Sorry for my translated English.
obviously nobody understood (or cared to answer).
Let me clear a few things up and then make some guesses:
- your RUT240 ist called a router (although it contains a modem)
- you can’t get a public IP address from your router but from your provider
- what you call UTP/internet cable is a simple LAN cable (of type UTP, agreed)
- the device behind the router stays in the routers private IP range
Now my guesses:
- you want to access devices behind your router via the internet
- access to the devices can be secured (by using e.g username/password)
- the devices allow encrypted connections (like https for example)
Now my idea of a possible solution:
- get a static public IP from your provider
- that might cost you a small amount per month
- you might have to change your APN to “Custom APN” according to your providers requirements
- you will have to create a port forwarding in the router’s firewall via web interface
Hope that helps.
This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.