GH5200 replacement battery

Hello everybody. Greetings.

I would like to know from honorable experienced users, as to what is the recommended replacement battery for GH5200? Please provide online shopping links if possible.

I have used some 4 batteries till now. But the problem is, the device does not work properly on these batteries. With these batteries the device behaves erratically. It either shows improper location or gets switched off or the battery gets drained very quickly after a certain percentage, like after 50% the battery comes to 3% in just 15-20 minutes.

Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and warm regards.

Hello @anilswipe,

Welcome to Teltonika Community Forum! :slight_smile:

GH5200 Battery Specifications is 3.7 V 1050 mAh rechargeable Li-ion battery. For more information about the Internal Battery Technical Specifications, you may refer to this link: GH5200 General description - Wiki Knowledge Base | Teltonika GPS

CAUTION: RISK OF EXPLOSION IF BATTERY IS REPLACED BY AN INCORRECT TYPE.

Suggesting you contact your Sales Manager to be able to assist you regarding the Battery of GH5200. If you don’t have any contact with our Sales managers, please contact them on our official website https://teltonika-gps.com/ and click on the “Contact Us” button. When you click, please fill out the form and submit it.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Patrick

Oh! great, Patrick. Thank you for the quick response.

If only the Teltonika Bengaluru team was as responsible as this.

I never would have attempted to try other batteries and taken the risk, if not for Teltonika Bengaluru’s lack of response.

I have been trying to get in touch with concerned executives in Bengaluru since a week, but got no response. So I came to the community forum, seeking help.

Long story short:

I have initiated one of my clients to use Teltonika ID card GH5200 autonomous 2G tracker for personal security. The client has been using the device since almost an year. The device battery got worn out after about 4 months. So I got in touch with Teltonika and AJNAview the software provider, for suggestions regarding replacing the battery. They said any BL-5C battery would do and they also provided some Amazon links to buy.

Accordingly, since then, my client has been trying a number of batteries, some 4 batteries till now. But the problem is, the device does not work properly on these batteries. With these batteries the device behaves erratically. It either shows improper location or gets switched off or the battery gets drained very quickly after a certain percentage, like after 50% the battery comes to 3% in just 15-20 minutes.

Now my client has been forced to revert back to the old original battery and use it by recharging it repeatedly in a day. This can not go on for long. Any time the battery will be dead.

Moreover, Teltonika does not provide spare batteries.

So then, the client would have to stop using the device, once the battery that comes with the device, gets worn out, because there are no working replacement batteries available for purchase.

This is not good either for the Teltonika company or the client.

Either Teltonika should make available online a recommended battery that works on the device properly, or Teltonika itself should provide the appropriate battery as a spare.

I tried to get in touch with Teltonika executives in Bengaluru i.e. Mr, Nandish and Mr, Manoj. I have had no response from them. My messages are not seen. My calls are not taken. Mr, Nandish responded to my message asking me to get in touch with Mr, Manoj. Mr, Manoj doesn’t respond, doesn’t take my call.

Please help me get a working battery. I have also submitted the issue on official website https://teltonika-gps.com/, in the contact form.

I greatly appreciate your quick response.

Thank you & warm regards.
Anil

Hi @anilswipe,

I regret to hear your experience. I believe you may order the GH5200 Battery, if you have submitted the form on the official website our Team will reach out to you soon.

Hope you have a great day ahead!

Kind regards,
Patrick S.

Ah! That would be great.

Thanks a lot Patrick.
Great many regards.

This topic was automatically closed after 44 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.