FMC003 OBD Data Long Delay

Hello,

I have configured FMC003 to detect Ignition as Engine RPM. Problem I do have that FMC003 OBD does take a lot of time to start communicate with car ECUs, see attached picture.

In the picture you can see that engine was running for more than 4 minutes but FMC003 OBD still wasn’t reporting Engine RPM data, all other data wasn’t reported either. What you can see data for other parameters are when it was working.

Usually it does start communicate after good 5 minutes after driving but that is way too late for accurate tracking.

I have noticed if do press button OEM Reset under OBDII section it does report data right away. But if switch off engine and start again it doesn’t report data again.

It is very strange and don’t understand why OBD data can’t be read right away or let say after few seconds after engine was started.

Do you know what that is causing such a delay or this is by design of the device?

2 Likes

Hello,

Good day, to investigate the issue, please provide the following details to your sales manager or to HD ticket.

1. Device config files.
  2. Logs/dumps : How to capture direct log from FM device? - Wiki Knowledge Base | Teltonika GPS (teltonika-gps.com)
  3. IMEI
  4. Vehicle details.

Note: You can also request for the firmware 03.29.00.Rev.358 for testing via your sales manager or via VIP helpdesk.

Best Regards
Maynard C

1 Like

We have exactly the same problem with the Teltonika FMC003 device. I can see my tracker in the system after a couple of minutes (3-5) and that’s too late for us.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi,

Please create a Helpdesk Ticket or contact your sales manager if issue still happens.

If you don’t have any contact with our Sales managers, please contact them on our official website https://teltonika-iot-group.com/ and click on “Contact Us” button. When you click, please fill out the form and submit it.

Best Regards
Maynard C