Double NAT connection between two RUT955

Hi,

I have two routers I want to ping from one device connected to one router, to another device connected to the other router.

Router A has an IP of 192.168.1.1 and has two devices connected to it. one with .100 and .64.
Router B has an IP of 192.168.2.1 and has two devices connected with the same fourth octet being as the first router.

I tried to make A client for B and give it a static IP of 192.168.2.150 in the WAN interface. I can ping devices of router B from the CLI of router A. This is working as it should be.

The problem is from B side. I can only ping router A from B ping 192.168.2.150 and i get a response back, but i cannot ping any devices of router A.

I did make a static route from B side but i cannot see the devices still (I added a picture for it)

This is how the interface is made from A to B

Do I need to allow some firewall settings to allow connections from LAN to WAN or vice-versa on ony of the routers?

Regards

Hello Voiar

Welcome to the Teltonika Community :smiley:

Is it possible for you to draw the topology, in a simple way with IP’s so i would be able to replicat ethe same here in the Test Bench
this would ensure that I can be able to test in your exact setup and give you updates

Thanks

Dear Rashid,

I added image for the network topology.

What matters for me is to keep the ip of both devices the same. I don’t want to change any of IPs for both devices. The connection (sending files/ping) should happen between ip 192.168.2.100 and 192.168.1.100 back and forth.

Thanks

Hello

Thanks for the Topology
Could you try the following option in Network>Routes>Static Route of the Router B

After this restart the router and try

Let us know if the issue persist

Thanks

Hi Rashid,

Thanks a lot, it did solve the problem, شكراً.

Have a good day

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.