Device Reachable, Backup Timeou

Hi,

is there currently a problem with backup uploads to RUT devices? Everything (including remote GUI) works, but when uploading a config backup I get a timeout.

thanks

okay, it seems there is only a problem with uploaded config files.
I downloaded the file, then changed the config a little bit and uploaded it again.
Is that not supposed to work?
Anyway is a timeout not the proper error message if that’s the problem.

Hello,

Could you please specify which device you are using? You mentioned accessing it remotely. What method of access are you utilizing? Also, could you clarify if backup is suitable for the device you are uploading it to?

Kind regards,

Hello,

I’m glad you found a working solution. However, the uploaded files should function as backups. Have you tried using an unmodified file taken directly from the device, then uploading it to RMS and applying it as a backup? The timeout issue might be related to file modification.

Kind regards,

Hello,

Does your manually configured file get through validation on the RMS page? Could you provide a screenshot of the error messages you are encountering?

Kind regards,

Hi,

the backup upload summary before the rollout is displayed correctly including the Product Code and Firmware Version (that’s when usually there is an error, when the version doesn’t fit):

then the backup upload is initialized

then timeout:

I suggest you update the firmware version to the latest v7.07.1, yours seems to be very old.

I have updated the firmware to the latest V 07.07.1 and tried the following:

• export backup
  • download file from RMS
  • upload the same file without changing anything
  • upload backup

→ same problem! (timeout)

It seems that uploaded backup files cannot be used at all to perform config updates!

please fix.

my workaround: i pushed the changed file via a task to the router and then exported the backup for rollout to all other devices.

Hello,

I’m glad you found a working solution. However, the uploaded files should function as backups. Have you tried using an unmodified file taken directly from the device, then uploading it to RMS and applying it as a backup? The timeout issue might be related to file modification.

Kind regards,

Good afternoon,

There is possibility that backup does not work while your backup name contains spaces in it. Please confirm that this is a case as this is know RMS issue we can see from picture that they are in your backup name?

Kind regards

Hi @Marijus,

as stated in my previous post, I have already tried to reupload an unmodified file which i previously downloaded via RMS. I have not tried to upload a file to RMS which I had exported via the GUI when connected directly via the browser in the same network, however I cannot see, why this should be any different. The other way around does work however (export a backup via RMS and then upload it via the browser with a direct connection within the same network).

@EligijusG you might be onto something!

I just tried that and you are correct! removing all spaces works perfectly even with a modified file and this is a perfectly logical explanation for the problem.

This could easily be fixed by replacing all spaces either on file upload to RMS or before file upload to the Routers … or just by putting double quotes at the correct location.