Device access - turned off mobile network

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post, but hopefully someone can help me. I use some RUT950 and have access to them via RMS. One modem had very slow connection, so when troubleshooting I accidently turned off the mobile network, leaving it offline. Now this is a modem in use out in the field, is there a way to remotely get access to it again?

Via the webUI I opened up the extra menu on the right side (the arrow that opens an info menu), which has 3 symbols, WiFi, RMS and Mobile. I was looking for mobile info, so I stupidly clicked the mobile icon thinking it might be a filter, but that deactivated the mobile network

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch. Not all is lost. If you remember your SIM card number, you can attempt to turn mobile WAN on via SMS message. Simply send the following SMS messages to your router’s number:

<Your router's password> uci set network.mob1s1a1.disabled=0
<Your router's password> uci commit
<Your router's password> reboot

This reboot should reestablish your mobile connection, and the mobile WAN interface should become accessible again.

Best regards,

Marijus

Thanks a lot! This solved the issue

1 Like

Hello,

I’m happy to hear that it worked for you. If you encounter any other problems, don’t hesitate to reach out to us again on this community forum.

Best wishes,

Marijus

This topic was automatically closed 40 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.